Courses offered: M.A IN HISTORY
Nature of course: Semester Scheme
Duration: 4 semesters (2 Years)
Intake: 30+10 (Payment)
A candidate should possess a B.A Degree- with History as one of the optional subject with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and also 50% in optional (40% for SC/ST/Cat-1 and 45% for OBC category candidates) subject obtained from any recognized university.
|Designation||Coordinator, Department of History|
|Telephone No (Office)||08352-229114|
|Dr.R.V.Gangshetty||M.A,M.Phil, Ph.D & L.L.B||Economics||Coordinator|
The department of History strives to better understand the common elements and the range of diversity among human societies. We do this by learning to listen to people from times and or places different from our own. As we become more familiar with the world as others have experienced it, we are better able to ask good questions, view events from multiple perspectives, and analyze changes and continuities in human communities across time and place.
History is a muse of all knowledge. It includes the Local History, National History, World History and the history of civilization. So, in line with the university mission to provide instruction, research and dissemination of knowledge of the world, the Department of History is committed to develop its capacity in a number of fields of historical studies. The students should, therefore, become useful citizens and intellectual engines of social change for the future. The department strives to ensure high quality teaching, strong research activity, valuable service to community and effective contribution to the development of the country emphasizing high level of professionalism and human values.
- Providing Laptop Facilities to SC/ST students.
- Wi-Fi facility
- Smart Board Facility
- Reference Books Facility
- Expanding teaching and learning activities to prepare Women students
- Post graduate students may find wide opportunities in various sector and Higher education like Research
- Being the only Women’s University in the state may provide an opportunity to develop women leadership qualities in different levels.
- To educate students to become women historians to enrich the knowledge of the society.
- In addition, with special training to history graduates they can become cultural historic preservation and resources manager. The different careers options available for history graduates they are like Information Officer, Records Manager, Archivist, Genealogist, Gallery or Museum Curator and Librarian.
- Organized Special Lecturer on “Importance and Protection of monuments of Vijayapura” 2014.
- Visited local historical places like : Golgumbaz, Sangeeth Mahal, Ibrahim Roza & Barakaman in 2015.
- Students participated in Census has been organizing awareness programme in 2011.
- Every Semester department arranged the special lectures for the benefits of students.